Monday, November 25, 2013

2013 - First Quarter in Review

January

I made this fun Disappearing Nine Patch Table runner.  It finishes at 20 x 50 inches... perfect for the top of our computer desk.



February

I made two custom baby quilts.  They were commissioned by my husband's boss to be given to two of their clients. 




I finished this Thimbleberries Sampler and gave it to my mom for her birthday. 



I then made this Nursery Quilt.  I also call it my Batik Machine Quilting Sampler. 



March

I got nine baby blankets ready for some boy scouts to tie for a Merit Badge. Here is Cheetah tying one of them. 



I finished hand quilting this little mini quilt.  It is nice to have a small example of hand quilting to pass around when I am explaining quilting to non-quilters. 




I also finished hand quilting this Silly Bear quilt which my Grandma Mildred hand painted. 



I then finally got serious about Cheetah's Simply Woven quilt.  It was a great relief to have this finished.  (I had really been procrastinating.)



I also made a little mini quilt for his Wolf.  (No doll quilts for my Cheetah!)



I then quilted and bound these two tops which were pieced by JoAnn. 





I made two cute fun Star wars bags for Cheetah and Panda.  These are for them to keep their library books in.  I just made the pattern up as I went along starting with 18 inch squares. 




I made this cute little train pillow with scraps given to Panda by a sweet friend at one of the local quilt shops. 



I also made this cute bee panel into a pillow for Panda.  He did most of the work with the yarn.  It was a cute kit we purchased together at a nearby knitting and crochet shop. 



I had taken a class from Paula Reid in 2011 and finally finished a top we started in her class.  It was donated to a local charity.  (I did a fun zig-zag stitch on the binding.)



I also finished quilting and binding these three quilt tops. 






Looking back, I have NO idea how I ever got so much done in the month of March.  However, it was awesome to finish so many UFO's and new projects. 

XX,
Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!