Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Remembering the Year 2013

This was my year of finishing.  I finished so many quilts and other projects.  I was able to do so much, that I am now down to one work in progress.  (After a little destashing, too.)

I learned this year that quilting is more than a hobby.  It really is a talent.  I am so happy that I was able to use my talent to help my children and others.  Yet through all of this I really helped myself so much.  I mentioned in my first post, that quilting helped me through postpartum depression.  I now realize that a little depression may be part of my life.  However, when I am actively quilting and finishing, I feel so much better. 

So, here is my tally for 2013:

9 Twin-Size Quilts:



9 Lap Quilts:



6 Wall Hangings:



6 Mini/Doll Quilts:



 5 Table Runner/Toppers:


4 Quilted Pillows:




4 Bags:


3 Baby Quilts:


That is 46 quilty projects that I finished.  It doesn't include other things I also finished like new drapes for the kitchen, a crocheted afghan, a needle book, and the more than 30 tied baby blankets for gifts and charity. 

Wow!  I am tired just thinking about it.  Yet, I am so excited for 2014.  I hope to get lots done in the coming year. 

Happy New Year! 

XX,
Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!