Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Floral Quilt in Progress


I just started a new floral quilt.  This one is for my sister-in-law who lives in Germany.  It is all pieced, and I need to have it finished in the next week.  She is here visiting, and I hope to be able to send it home with her.  :) 

I fussy cut all the floral squares at 9.5 inches.  Half of them have this bunch of roses,


and the other half have this cute bird. 


The sashing and cornerstones are 3.5 inches wide, so the quilt top finishes at 51 x 63 inches.  The sashing is a random green from my stash and the cornerstones are Kona Crimson (one of my favorite reds).  I haven't decided what to name the quilt yet.  Any suggestions? 

I think I will quilt the floral squares like I did in my mother-in-law's quilt


And I am thinking of quilting the sashing like I did the borders in my American Hero wallhanging. 

  
What do you think?

XX.
Jasmine

P.S.  I am linking up with Let's Bee Social and Needle and Thread Thursday (buttons on sidebar). 

10 comments:

  1. Oh, I like those quilting choices at lot! Great job fussy cutting the roses and birds, too. For a name... hmmm... Garden Buddies (going with the flower/garden/bird idea), or Safe Haven (roses have thorns and are sometimes used as safety hedges)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok no great names from me. Did you my original today. Love the ideas for the quilting. In the centers the chrysanthemum flower would be pretty too. How fun to have visitors coming too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sitting in a flower garden is one of my favorite places to be; as soon as I saw this quilt I thought of it as garden retreat. My name suggestion would be Sweet Retreat or something along that line. I hope your s-i-l loves it! I can't wait to see it quilted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I like your quilting idea for the sashing. I hope your SIL loves it! Sorry, can't help you with a name, I'm not much good at naming quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very dramatic Jasmine
    Do you quilt it after it's sewn into a top or as you go?
    LeeAnna at not afraid of color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great quilting choices Jasmine, as always. Your sis-in-law will love cuddling with that quilt this winter, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first name that came to mind "Window Garden". It's a lovely quilt and I think your quilting decisions are dead on. She'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful quilt top, Jasmine. I'm guessing you probably already have it quilted but your plan will look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't really name most of my quilts, so I'm no help there. I love both of those quilting options. Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!