Monday, August 4, 2014

The Month of July and August Goals

July is always a busy family-filled month, and I would not have it any other way.  I was able to sneak in some sewing time and finished the quilt for Margaret's Hope Chest


While "Scatter Sunshine" is not my favorite quilt, I had a lot of fun making it.  And I think of the recipient often, even though it will be someone I have never met. 

I also was able to start a really fun hand sewing project.  I am making the Dancing Daisies drunkard's path quilt. 


I don't have much more to show on this project, because I have mostly been preparing pieces to sew.  I was hoping it would be a portable sewing project, but for some reason when we are out and about my boys keep me too busy to sew.  :)


Plus, I took a week off of quilting to organize photos of my boys.  I printed more than 600 photos and have put them in special 4 x 6 photo sheet protectors for my boys.  It had been a year and a half since I had last printed pictures of my boys.  (Hmm... that's about when I started quilting again.)  They are excited to be able to see these pictures of themselves.  Sometime I may do some more scrapbooking, but for now they are organized, and I feel great! 


At the end of July, I finished a quilt top for my Sister-in-law.  It is now basted and ready to quilt, so my August goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes is to quilt, bind, label and gift this floral quilt.


She will be flying home to Germany this week, so it needs to be a fast finish.  I have been so busy with family, that I will have to make time to quilt it.  I know August is going to be a busy month getting Cheetah and Panda ready for the new school year, so I am glad I will be finishing my goal early again.  :)

Have a great month!

XX,
Jasmine 

9 comments:

  1. Looks like you're pretty busy right now! I really love the start of your dancing daisies, looks like it could be stunning. And I know what you mean with hand sewing out and about with children. We went up to the park yesterday afternoon and I took a perfect, portable bit of sewing thinking I'd get lots done, of course it didn't happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've had a busy month, my friend! I like your quilt! Lovely boys, lovely photos, wonderful memories for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool that you took the time out to actually print photos of your boys and put them in an album. I love going home and looking through all the albums from my childhood, so I know they will appreciate that for years to come. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the update and your three boys are so cute! So nice that the pictures are in a book for them to look at too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Scattered Sunshine" lives up to its name beautifully, and I really like it. Such a happy quilt. :-)
    Cute kids, Jasmine. I just want to say, "Hahahaha!" to the idea of handwork-on-the-go with a young, energetic family to tend! I couldn't pull it off, either, at that stage of my family life. Oh, well, that's what tv time is for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh love your drunkard's path! Curved piecing has been one of my favourite things, lately!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all of your works in progress and curved seams and handsome boys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the quilts but the picture of the boys steals the show.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another month of wonderful finishes, quilts and scrapbooks included.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!